This seven-day course is for licensed-to-practice RNs and LPNs.
Gain theoretical instruction and clinical practice in nursing foot care from a holistic approach. Topics include prevention and treatment of foot care disorders, factors affecting foot health, preparation to provide nursing foot care services within a health care setting and in private practice.
When: Feb 15 - 24, 2016Time: 9 am - 4 pmTuition: $895 approx.Where: Port Alberni campus, North Island CollegeCourse Code: FTC-010
- Students must present proof of current licensure on the first day
- Bring two hand towels, a bath towel, a foot basin and skin lotion
- Do not purchase instruments or supplies prior to the course
- Students will practice on each other and are requested not to cut their toenails for three to four weeks prior to the course and to remove nail polish
- Students must complete a clinical practice component and an open-book examination (70% mark required)