Hello from Doug and Chris
Della Falls Water Taxi has now concluded operations for the 2017 season
Chris and I would like to thank all of the people who used the taxi this past summer to make our first year in business a very sucessfull and enjoyable one!
It was a very late start to the hiking season this year with the lingering snowpack but in the end we transported 533 people to the trailhead this year and I beleive most of them enjoyed the hike immensely. Many made the added trek up to Love Lake and a select few were lucky enough to spot the mama black bear and her 2 cubs in the high alpine. A rare sight indeed!
The summer of 2017 was, in many ways, a learning season for us with a wide range of gear and people and some odd requests that we had some difficulty accomodating. Scheduling boat trips to fit peoples travel plans and keeping the boat fueled up were our biggest challenges. We have some ideas for some changes in 2018 to be able to accomodate those odd requests and fit peoples plans even better. Also a different idea for getting fuel to the boat to make things more efficient for us.
Check the website in early 2018 for updated schedule information and price list.
Thanks Agaian to all of our clients in 2017 and we are looking forward to an even better season in 2018!
- Permits in place from BC Parks Service to land at the trailhead dock
- Full liability insurance coverage
- Boat equipped with a full compliment of safety gear
- Summer schedule will start May 01st and end September 30th
- We will do all we can to cater to your schedule and needs, so please contact us and let us know your plan. Extra gear? One way trip? Parents or others who are not planning to hike but would like to do the boat ride to see you off on your trip? Let us know and we will see if we can make it all work.
- During the summer when the daylight is longest we can arrange for an earlier or later departure time. Please let us know and we can set this up for you.
- The one way boat trip, on average, takes about 50-55 minutes depending on weather conditions
We have the boat moored at the marina in Great Central RV Park and Marina.
The address is 11000 Central Lake Road. Head west out of Port Alberni on Highway #4 and after about 12 km turn right onto Central Lake Road. Go another 8km and pass through the buildings and tanks that belong to the fish hatchery. About 100 meters further you will come to a T intersection where the pavement ends and the entrance to the resort is straight ahead. There is no parking inside the resort so once you reach the T intersection and see the entrance sign, turn around and park against the chain link fence. It's just a 2 min walk from there to the boat in the marina.
If you do not intend to hike the trail but would love to get on the lake for a sightseeing tour this may be possible with time permitting or if there is seating available on one of our regular trips. Again, please contact us to inquire about this or to make these arrangements
- Email email@example.com
- Home phone; 1-250-723-4720
- Cell phone; 1-250-720-5363
- Facebook (Della Falls Water Taxi)
Contact us for reservations or any other questions you may have and we will do the best we can to help make your trip be the best it can be.