There is a hidden gem of a school right here in Port Alberni that many people do not know about. The parents of students attending this school would like to get the word out so that more people have this incredible opportunity for their children.
Key points about our school:
- Free school bus that picks up and drops off your child to your home or work doorstep
- Free after-school tutoring
- Excellent student to staff ratio means more one-on-one time for each child
- Canadian and Internationally educated Francophone staff – (Québec, Belgium, France, Swiss-French, Africa)
- Rich language and cultural experience with French, Aboriginal, and English studies
- Small numbers of students with higher than normal number of adult staff members ensures bullying is kept in check
- Robotics Program
- Excellent field trips
- Excellent technology resources - lap tops provided for each intermediate student and an ipad for every two primary students
- Passionate, enthusiastic staff who go above and beyond
- Safe, nurturing, welcoming environment
- Up-to-date teaching practices and expectations
- Large, inviting, well-maintained facility that includes gym, fields, playground, home economics class, etc. (was previously Mt. Klitsa Jr. High School)
- School community vegetable garden
- Vibrant, close-knit, family oriented
- Inclusion with some of School District 70 (Port Alberni) sports events
- And much more!!!
You can find us on Facebook under the name French Public School Port Alberni to connect and ask the parents more questions as well.